The bumper pendulum is used to perform low-speed crash tests and simulates front and rear collisions in road traffic. The bumper test is mainly used to optimize energy-absorbing components of the vehicle front and rear structure.
The test equipment is suitable for load tests according to FMVSS 581, CMVSS 215, ECE-R42, GB 17354, AIS-006, KMVSS Art. 93 as well as GOS 41, but can also be used for numerous, customer-specific special tests. With impact speeds of up to 15 kph, the system offers a wide scope for overload tests.
Due to the mechanical milled front surface, customer-specific impactors can be added to the standard impactors. The load measurement is performed beyond the standard in 3 planes: plane A, plane B and in the fin.
The planned test speed is determined via the integrated encoder in the pendulum arms. The real speed is determined via a light barrier mounted on the hall floor and located 0.33 cm in front of T0. The pendulum is triggered via a pneumatic release lock mounted on the cage.
- Integrated load measurement in 3 planes: plane A, plane B and additionally in the central fin
- Load measurements in A and B: 4×20 kN by uniaxial load cells
- Load measurement in the central fin: 2×50 kN
- Load cells can be replaced by dummies
- Manual height adjustment of the front shield via threaded spindle of the Impact line between 15.5″ (393.7 mm) and 20.5″ (520.7 mm)
- Minimum vehicle weight in the standard configuration: approx.750 kg
- Option: Electric deflection of the pendulum
- Option: Closed and monitored safety fence
500 kg crane for lifting the weights
Apply to us!
We support you in your project.