ERNST’s multiple barrier system allows our customers to remain flexible throughout the product’s entire service life. The frame is the basic structure of the multiple barrier.
Based on this, up to 6 (EURO) or 3 (US) test regulations can be attached. Every single test setup is certified by our engineers.
The customer receives a product that offers countless advantages thanks to its smart design:
- Maximum flexibility throughout the product’s entire life cycle
- Subsequent modification of the overall structure
- Easy attachment of customer-specific elements by means of standardized mechanical interfaces
- Individual adaptation to any propulsion system
- Change of the test setup in less than one hour
- Integration of (dummy) load cells
- Customer specific special tests can be considered
- The base frame is designed for overload tests
- All moving parts are equipped with lifting elements
- Significant space savings within a crash lab
In the EURO barriers, the frame structure is generally based on a wheelbase of 3000 mm and a track width of 1500 mm.
In the US barriers, the frame structure is generally based on a wheelbase of 2591 mm and a track width of 1880 mm.